- This event has passed.
Wu Xing physiology and its intimate relationship with the Zang Fu patterns March 2017
Sunday 19 March @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
When people present in clinic they often have a complex and wide range of seemingly unrelated signs and symptoms.
Chinese medicine history taking is an art that allows use of the wu xing and the zang fu in pattern diagnosis and understanding.The 4 hour workshop will provide the following:
* revision of the wu xing and their physiology
* discussion about one major, commonly seen pattern for each of the five organs
* demonstration with one clinical case, on how to use the wu xing physiology and zang fu patterns in practice
* interactive teaching so attendees can participate, and have fun learning
* handouts on the wu xing and zang fu patterns
CPD 4 hours approved by NZASA
Dr Joan Campbell is an integrative health professional and registered medical practitioner specialising in Chinese medicine and acupuncture, working in her own well-established practice in Auckland..
She has worked in medicine and allied fields since 1966, including as a registered nurse, medical doctor, GP obstetrician, psychologist (specialising in head injury), Chinese acupuncturist since 1989, undergraduate teacher at the New Zealand College of Chinese Medicine for six years, and University teacher of post graduate Chinese medicine and acupuncture programmes for health professionals at Auckland University of Technology from 1995 – 2014.
She is the founder and former president of the New Zealand Institute of Acupuncture Inc and founder and immediate past Chairman of the New Zealand Acupuncture Standards Authority Inc.